Tuesday 1 July 2008

Why am I studying geography?

Because I was like it from before entering to the University, I always was looking at maps and I was interested the environment and, in general, the whole world that surrounds us, the people’s behavior in our environment. Then, I decided to study geography when I was in the preparatory, also I was investigating about the curricular scheme, and there were many subjects that they were interesting.

Now, I look at myself in the future working in any organization, but always travelling, already inside Chile or around the world, although I don’t will like to work as a geographer all my life.

I don’t know if geographers can save the planet, but I think that we can contribute that the world can be much better about the management of the natural characteristics of the Earth.

For it we need many tools to achieve a better territorial management, for example the GIS, make field trips to know the natural or human characteristics of the territory that we are studying, and the most important thing, the geographer must be assertive about to apply his scientific knowledge for a good management and achieve the well-being of the population inside the territory.

For it, my favorites subjects are related to the physical geography, for example: geomorphology, geology, etc. Because there are many changes in the Earth, and it happens every time. It’s very exciting study this subjects.

2 comments:

Percepied said...

Prostitute, that you are negative, no Frodo we the geographers have the future men in ours hands....jajaj

Regards men!!!!

DieGo Pinto said...

Good blog frodo......see you!!!


Bye