Monday 1 December 2008

Field Trip



On October, I went out to Huasco. It's located in 3rd Region of Atacama, near the coast. It was for a Geographic Problems of Chile class. I went out to Huasco with my classmates, my teacher Enrique Aliste, and her helper Joselyn. We were in Huasco about 3 or 4 days... We were to Huasco because we have to make a territorial diagnosis about Huasco and identify social and environmental problems. The field trip was very funny and interesting because to go to Huasco we must use a bike, and the road was very difficult because it had very raises and descents. Also we must to make interviews to the people of Huasco. The town was contaminated by an iron plant and a thermoelectrical plant, they liberate iron dust and fall down to the town. It was an unlike thing. Also I hate to make interviews, because is so boring and the people don't stop to talk you. I liked the landscape, the mix between the desert and the sea and the river. One thing very funny was the documental film realized by me, Pedro, Felipe, Jaime and Mauricio, with the support by BBC. You can watch the documental by Felipe's Facebook.

No comments: